Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisation
Covid -19 Update:
Patients who are not normally eligible for a free NHS 'flu vaccine but will be living with a shielding patient (that is someone who is in the high risk category and told to shield by the NHS) throughout the winter months will eligible for a free seasonal flu immunisation. Please contact the Surgery to make an appointment.
Does Age Affect The Risk Of Flu?
Yes. If you are aged 65 years or over or you are at higher risk.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.